Raspberry roasted beetroot with goats’ cheese and lavender honey
Beetroot and goats’ cheese is a wonderful combination. For my version I’ve added an orange for a summery feel and rocket for a peppery kick. This salad is light and healthy, perfect for lunch and easy to throw together and take to work. Top off this tasty salad with a drizzle of my new Acacia honey with lavender.
- 2-3 fresh beetroot
- 1 orange
- Tub of soft goats’ cheese
- 2-3 tbsp Considered raspberry vinegar
- Drizzle Considered lavender honey
- Pinch salt
- Drizzle Olive Oil
- Edible flowers to decorate* ie. pansies, primroses (optional)
- 1. Peel the beetroots and cut off the top and tail. Cut into ½ inch wedges and place on a baking tray.
- 2. Spoon over 2-3 tbsp of the raspberry vinegar, salt and olive oil and toss until coated.
- 3. Roast in the oven at 180˚C for 40 mins or until tender.
- 4. While the beets roast- peel the orange and cut into small segments.
- 5. When beets are done, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- 6. Arrange your rocket, orange and cooked beetroot on two plates and spoon out the goats’ cheese on top.
- 7. Sprinkle with flowers*. If you are using fresh flowers serve immediately.
- 8. Drizzle some lavender honey on top. Serve and enjoy!
*Please make sure the flowers have not been sprayed with any chemicals.
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Dinner Plate3540126 Cutlery Set3541109 Mercer lrg bowl3540108 Lavender Honey 3520115 Raspberry Vinegar3520119