Terms and Conditions
Important: Please read these terms carefully as they concern the use of this website.
This document sets out the Dunnes Stores terms and conditions of sale relating to any purchase of any goods or services from Dunnes Stores website and to the purchase of Dunnes Stores gift cards.
Your use of the website is subject to these terms.
If you purchase any goods or services from the Dunnes Stores website you will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions set out in this document. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not purchase any products from the Dunnes Stores website.
Before placing an order, if you have any questions, whether about our products and services, this website, any of our terms and conditions or otherwise, please contact our customer service team.
Please note that during a sale period items may be shown in the sale category while not being reduced. This is due to a number of reasons (e.g. the item may be reduced in a different colour or region etc.).
- “Gift Card Terms” means the terms and conditions of sale of Dunnes Stores Gift Cards set out in Section B.
- “Website” means the website located at www.dunnesstores.com or any subsequent url which may replace it.
- Website Terms means the terms and of sale set out in Section A.
- Website Terms and Gift Card Terms shall together be referred to as "the Terms".
Unless otherwise stated, we use the reference "DUNNES STORES", "We" and "Us" in the Gift Card Terms to refer to Dunnes Stores, an unlimited company duly incorporated under the laws of Ireland, having registered number 317228 and its registered office at 46-50 South Great George’s Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Unless otherwise stated, we use the reference "DUNNES STORES", "WE" and "US" in the Website Terms to refer to Dunnes Stores Retailing, an unlimited company duly incorporated under the laws of Ireland, having registered number 490283 and its registered office at 46-50 South Great George’s Street, Dublin 2, Ireland. Dunnes Stores Retailing's registered VAT number is 9763375H or GB 161721331 in the United Kingdom. Dunnes Stores Retailing is a fellow subsidiary of Dunnes Stores.
A. Website Terms and Conditions of Sale
The Website Terms set out in this Section A apply to any online purchase of goods and/or services from this Website. Additional terms and conditions may apply in relation to the purchase of Gift Cards (the Gift Card Terms are set out in section B).
1. Access to the website
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these terms and conditions.
By placing any such order you shall be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to the Website Terms and the Gift Card Terms. If you do not agree to be bound by the Website Terms and the Gift Card Terms, please do not order any product or service from the Website.
By placing an order you warrant that you are at least 18 years old.
2. Information about the website operator
This Website is operated by Dunnes Stores Retailing. Unless we say otherwise, we use the terms "Dunnes Stores, "we" and "us" in this Section A (being the "Website Terms") to refer to Dunnes Stores Retailing.
If you have any questions, whether about our products and services, this website or otherwise, please contact our customer service team.
3. How the contract is formed
After placing an order, you will receive an email from Dunnes Stores acknowledging that we have received your order (the "Order Confirmation"). Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a product or service. All orders are subject to acceptance by Dunnes Stores, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an email that confirms that the products have been dispatched (the "Dispatch Confirmation"). The contract between us (the "Contract") will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation. The Contract will relate only to those products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation.
4. Account registration
Personal information provided during the registration process as a Dunnesstores.com customer should be true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. If any information changes, please contact our customer service team or update your account details accordingly.
For residents in the Republic of Ireland, details of your VALUEclub card should be entered when registering your account or if you wish to include VALUEclub details at a later date you can do so by editing My Account. VALUEclub details cannot be entered when submitting your order. VALUEclub points will be added to your order when you purchase in store or online for store collection or for delivery to your home. VALUEclub points cannot be added to your account after the order has been accepted.
5. Stock availability
All orders for products are subject to availability and in this regard, in the event of supply difficulties or because products are no longer in stock, we will send you an email advising you that we are unable to fulfil your order or one of our customer services team will contact you.
6. Refusal of order
Dunnes Stores reserves the right to withdraw any products from this Website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this Website. Whilst we will use our reasonable endeavours to authorise payments submitted to us, there may be exceptional circumstances which mean that we may need to refuse to process or accept an order after we have received it or sent you an acknowledgement of receipt, which we reserve the right to do at any time, at our sole discretion. Dunnes Stores will not be liable to you or any other third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from this Website, removing or editing any materials or content on this Website or for refusing to process or accept an order after we have received it or sent you an acknowledgement of receipt.
7. Cooling off period – your right to cancel your order
If you are contracting as a consumer and are an Irish or EU resident, the Distance Selling Regulations provide that you may cancel a Contract at any time within seven working days, beginning on the day after you received the products.
If you have purchased products from the Website and if you decide to cancel your order pursuant to this clause 7 you must advise in writing, within 7 days of receipt of the order, to postal address: Dunnes Stores, PO Box 12389, Dublin 2, Ireland. For international orders, please write to Dunnes Stores, PO Box 7002, Lichfield,WS14 4JG, United Kingdom. Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your order reference number. You must also return the product(s) to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them and in the original packaging accompanied by a copy of your receipt.
A refund will be issued to you upon return to Dunnes Stores of the entire order and subject to our Returns & Refunds Policy (set out in clause 12 below).
You will not have any right to cancel a Contract for customised or perishable goods or for the supply of pierced jewellery, underwear, swimwear from which the original hygiene seal has been removed.
You will be responsible for any cost incurred or risk in returning products. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the products while they are in your possession. If you fail to inform us in writing within the relevant period and return the products you will not have a right to cancel the Contract and return the products.
8. Your order delivery
Subject to availability (see Clause 5 above), we will endeavour to fulfil your order for product(s) listed in the Order Confirmation within 30 days of the date of the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances. If for any reason we cannot meet the delivery date, you will be kept informed and offered a choice of either continuing with the extended delivery time or cancellation with a full refund. Please note however that we do not deliver on Saturdays or Sundays.
For the purpose of these Terms, "delivery" or "delivered" shall be deemed to have occurred upon signing for receipt of the product (s) at the agreed delivery address, at the address specified when you complete your order or at a selected Dunnes Stores.
Only one delivery charge applies for your order, regardless of how many products you purchase. If you want to send products to different addresses you must create a different order for each delivery address.
Orders placed after 2pm on Friday will not be dispatched until Monday morning. When your order has been dispatched we will email you the details of your order.
View our delivery costs here.
9. Free Standard Delivery Service
By taking advantage of the Free Standard Delivery service you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- This service entitles residents in Ireland and the UK to free standard delivery on all orders over €50 / £45 providing that the order exceeds €50 / £45 in one transaction on www.dunnesstores.com. This offer will be applied automatically at the checkout. Gift cards are excluded from this service and normal delivery charges apply.
- International customers are entitled to free standard delivery on all orders over €100 providing that the order exceeds €100 in a single transaction on www.dunnesstores.com. This offer will be applied automatically at the checkout. Gift cards are excluded from this service and normal delivery charges apply.
- This service applies to the standard delivery service available for all countries to which Dunnes Stores currently delivers.
- This service does not include free postal returns.
- Dunnes Stores reserves the right to (i) cancel this promotion and (ii) amend these terms and conditions at any time.
10. International delivery
If your delivery address is outside of the EU, you may have to pay import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. You must meet any additional charges for customs clearance. Please note that customs policies vary widely from country to country. We recommend you contact your local customs office for further information.
11. Risk and title
Any products ordered will be at your risk from the time of delivery. Ownership of the products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the products, including delivery charges, or upon delivery, whichever is later.
12. Pricing and payment
The total cost of your order is the price of each product ordered plus any delivery charges. Prices are in Euro in Republic of Ireland and rest of the world, in Sterling for UK orders.
While we try to ensure that all prices on the Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of products you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming the order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you, the order will be treated as cancelled and if you have already paid for the products you will receive a full refund.
We are under no obligation to provide the product(s) to you at the incorrect (lower) price (even after we have sent you an Order Confirmation) if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as an incorrect price.
The prices on the Website include VAT but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due as set out in our Delivery Costs Guide. Prices are liable to change at any time, but (other than as set out above) changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an Order Confirmation.
Once you have finished shopping all the products you wish to purchase are added to your bag. Your next step will be to go the checkout process and make a payment. To do this:
- Click the "shopping bag" icon at the top of the page
- Click on the "checkout" button
- Create an account or login if you have already created an account, add the address to which you wish the order to be delivered and the billing address or choose store collection
- Next complete your credit card details
- Click "Place order"
You may pay using Visa, MasterCard Credit and Debit cards, Maestro cards and PayPal. We do not accept laser cards online. Your credit/debit card payment will be made through a secure website. All payments are subject to authorisation by the card issuer. Credit cards are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your card issuer. If your card issuer fails to authorise the payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery, and may not be able to form a Contract with you or we will not be able to proceed with your order. Dunnes Stores must receive full payment for the order at the time the order is processed and before the product is dispatched. A Dispatch Confirmation email will then be sent you.
13. General refund policy
Refunds may be given within 28 days from the date of purchase for products of saleable quality returned unworn, in their original packaging, with swing tickets/barcodes attached and with the relevant online receipt. Refunds will be credited to the original tender used to process the payment. If products received as a "gift" (recipient is not the purchaser) are returned to the fulfilment centre for refund, the refund will be processed onto the original card used as payment for the order.
Refunds cannot be given on:
- Swimwear from which the original hygiene seal has been removed
- Pierced jewellery
- Personal grooming products or cosmetics
- Security sealed products where the seal is broken
- Bedding (sheets, duvet covers, pillowcases, duvets, pillows, etc), if opened
- Curtains, if opened
- Products without original packaging
- Home delivered furniture
- Gift cards
This does not affect your statutory rights.
To qualify for a refund, all products must be returned to Dunnes Stores in accordance with the Dunnes Stores returns policy set out below.
Cooling off period for refunds
In addition to our General Refund Policy, EU customers have the right to cancel their order under the Distance Selling Regulations. Please see clause 7 for more details.
Faulty/incorrect products received
In the unlikely event that you have received the wrong products from Dunnes Stores or that the products are faulty or damaged in any way please contact our customer service team.
Christmas Exchange and refund policy
Items purchased online in our clothing, footwear and home departments between October 27th and December 23rd can be returned for an exchange or refund until January 12th, 2015. This will give your gift recipients plenty of time to return an unwanted gift so you can shop with peace of mind. All usual exchange and refund terms and conditions apply.
Products purchased online for home delivery or store collection can be returned within 28 days. There are 2 ways to do this:
1. If you ordered online and your order was delivered to your home, you may return your product(s) to store or post it back to Dunnes Stores postal address: Dunnes Stores, PO Box 12389, Dublin 2, Ireland.
For UK, NI and International customers, please post your product(s) back to Dunnes Stores Returns (Please note that this is a new returns address and will be operational from Monday 24th March 2014),PO Box 7002, Lichfield, WS14 4JG, United Kingdom
The cost of returning the item(s) to the Dunnes Stores dispatch centre will not be refunded.
2. If you ordered online and your order was delivered to a store, you must return your product(s) to a store. Orders paid for using PayPal cannot be returned to store and must be returned to the Dunnes Stores dispatch centre. You will be responsible for paying your own shipping costs for returning your item.
If you ordered in store, and collected in store, you must return your product to a store.
All returns of products, whether under the general refund policy or the cooling off period, must be accompanied by the dispatch note, which is included in your order.
Any products received by Dunnes Stores without a copy of the dispatch note will not be processed as a return and a refund will not be given. Please see our General Refunds Policy (Clause 12) for more details.
All returns are your responsibility until they reach us. We recommend you use a postal service that insures you for the value of the goods you are returning. We recommend that you retain your proof of posting.
All returned products must be of saleable quality and must be unworn. The returned products must be:
- in their original packaging
- with swing tickets/barcodes attached
- with original dispatch note enclosed in the case of postal returns or accompanied by the dispatch note in the event that the product is returned to stores
When products are purchased for a reduced price and subsequently returned, an exchange only is permitted. This relates to reduced to clear stock, and does not include products marked down to a new lower price.
Refunds will only be processed once the products being returned have been returned in accordance with this procedure. Refunds will be credited to the original card used to process the payment. If products received as a "gift" (recipient is not the purchaser) are returned for refund, the refund will be processed onto the original card used as payment for the order. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible.
If you have a query regarding returns, email us at email@example.com or call us from 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday, or from 9am to 9pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- From Ireland: LoCall: 1890 253 185
- For the UK: LoCall: 0844 264 3185
- For outside Ireland and the UK: +353 21 4835 341
14. Liability and disclaimers
Due to the nature of this Website and the potential for errors in the storage and transmission of digital information, we do not warrant the accuracy and security of information transmitted to or obtained from this Website unless otherwise expressly set out on this Website.
All product descriptions, information and materials posted on this Website are provided "as is" and without warranties express, implied or otherwise howsoever arising.
We warrant to you that any product purchased from us through this Website is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all of the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to law, but without excluding anything that may not lawfully be excluded in the case of consumers, we disclaim all other warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the products.
Our liability in connection with any product purchased through our Website is strictly limited to the purchase price of that product. Nothing in this Clause will affect your statutory rights as a consumer, or your Contract cancellation rights.
15. Events outside our control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a contract which is caused by events outside our reasonable control. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
16. Data protection
How we use the information you provide us:
As required by the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information you have given to us.
Where you provide us with your personal information (e.g. name, email address, address, phone and mobile numbers and/or other contact information, VALUEclub details, credit card numbers), through a facility provided on this Website or directly to us by email, you consent to us (and our affiliates): (a) processing and administering your personal data to perform all necessary actions to give effect to your request or instruction; and (b) retaining a record of incoming and outgoing communications (e.g. email).
When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, phone numbers and email address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
Information we receive and send may be disclosed to our agents, service providers and employees, however the information will not be disclosed to other third parties. In addition, we will restrict the information disclosed to the absolute minimum necessary, for example, to provide the product or service.
17. Your account security
If you use the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer to prevent unauthorised access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner. Dunnes Stores will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage arising from any failure on your behalf to protect your account. Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provided when registering.
18. Written communications
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our Website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
Dunnes Stores will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on our Website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
19. Opt out
Dunnes Stores may use your personal data to notify you by post, phone, email, and SMS about new Dunnes Stores products and services. Each time you receive marketing information or a message, you have the option to decline to receive further marketing information from us. This is known as an "opt-out". If you wish to exercise the opt-out, please unsubscribe. If you have more than one address or email address please make sure to notify any changes to your preferences for each address or email address you have registered with us. Customers who have registered to shop online on our website can unsubscribe at any time by logging into their account.
All notices given by you to us should be given to us via our online contact form. Subject to and as otherwise specified in clause 20 we may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order.
Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our Website, or 24 hours after an email is sent. In proving the service of any notice by email, it shall be sufficient to prove that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
21. Transfer of rights and obligations
The Contract between you and Dunnes Stores is binding on us and on our respective successors and assigns. You may not transfer, assign, charge sub- contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract. For the avoidance of doubt, any such transfer, assignment, charge, subcontract or other disposition will not affect your statutory rights as a consumer or cancel, reduce or otherwise limit any warranty or guarantee which may have been provided by us to you, whether express or implied.
22. Dunnes Stores right to suspend or close your account
We may suspend or close your account immediately at our discretion if you breach any of your obligations under these terms and conditions. You will not be able to order any products on the Dunnesstores.com website if your account is suspended.
If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these Terms, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. No waiver by us of any of these Terms shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
If any of these Terms or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
25. Our right to vary these terms and conditions
We have the right to revise and amend these Terms from time to time and will notify you by posting an updated version of these Terms on our Website.
You will be subject to the Terms and policies in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these Terms is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these Terms before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the Terms or policies , unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the products ).
26. Linking to our website
You may link to our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of us, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, or endorsement on our part where none exists.
27. Governing law and jurisdiction
Website Terms are exclusively governed by the laws and jurisdiction of Ireland.
Please contact our customer service team if you have any queries.
B. Dunnes Stores Gift Card Terms
If you purchase a Dunnes Stores gift card, the Gift Card Terms and the Website Terms (as applicable) shall apply to the purchase of such gift card.
- Validly activated gift cards (the "Card(s)") are redeemable in full or part payment for merchandise (excluding lottery tickets, saving stamps and vending machine sales) in participating Dunnes Stores branches where Gift Card services are available, and may be subject to currency conversion where applicable.
- The Card may not be exchanged for cash or vouchers.
- The minimum amount to activate the Card is €1. The maximum amount that can be credited is €1,000.
- No change will be given but any remaining balance may be applied to future purchases.
- The Card and balance will expire 2 years after the last Card use.
- Dunnes Stores cannot be held liable for lost, stolen or damaged Cards.
- Cards which are damaged on receipt of order will be exchanged.
- To deface Cards in any way will render them invalid/void.
- Dunnes Stores reserve the right to amend these Gift Card Terms from time to time where it reasonably considers it necessary to do so. Reasonable notice of such changes will be given where possible.
- Users of our online purchasing service agree not to post or publish any offensive, libellous, defamatory, illegal or unlawful material when inscribing a message on their chosen gift card. While we reserve the right to monitor the content of the Cards, we do not exercise editorial control over the material being posted. We may however change or remove any materials being posted which are libellous, defamatory, illegal or unlawful in nature.
- Cards can be exchanged for goods in Dunnes Stores outlets in the Republic of Ireland only. Please note that Gift Cards cannot be used online currently.
- All transactions are in Euro Currency.
- Dunnes Stores does not accept responsibility for claims, losses, demands, expenses or liability of any kind whatsoever arising or suffered from or in connection with any transaction or dealing between a retail outlet and a Dunnes Stores Gift Card holder or customer.
- Neither Dunnes Stores nor any of its tenants or suppliers or agents will be liable for any damages resulting from technical or operational problems experienced in relation to the retail outlet.
- Dunnes Stores reserves the right to cease the Online Gift Card service at any time, whether temporarily or permanently.
- Dunnes Stores cannot guarantee the Online Gift Card service will be available to customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 52 weeks a year.
- Neither Dunnes Stores nor any of its tenants or suppliers will be liable for damages arising out of misuse of the Online Gift Card service.
- Dunnes Stores reserves the right to refuse purchase or dispatch of Cards online.
- To cancel your purchases please contact us within seven working days of the day after the date that the Card(s) were delivered to you and we will process your refund request.
- The Card(s) may not be used for any other purpose and in particular may not be used for re-sale or as a prize or for any re-use, be it for commercial use or otherwise without express written permission of Dunnes Stores.
- While all reasonable security precautions have been taken by Dunnes Stores, the nature or communication by the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of any information relating to the customer passing over the Internet. In accessing the Dunnes Stores Online Gift Card service and in availing of the services, the customer accepts that electronic mail messaging may not be free from interference by third parties and may not remain confidential. The use of this is at the customer’s sole risk.
- A delivery fee will apply: Republic of Ireland €5.25, UK €5.17 and rest of the World €5.17 per order. (Please note these charges are subject to change without notice.) Orders will be dispatched within 5 working days of receipt of payment.
- The Gift Card Terms are exclusively governed by Irish law and jurisdiction. In the event of any inconsistency or ambiguity between the Website Terms and the Gift Card Terms in relation to the purchase of or use of a Gift Card, the Gift Card Terms shall prevail.
- The above Gift Card Terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.