Gift Card/Voucher - Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions ("terms") apply to the purchase of gift vouchers or gift cards (hereinafter called "vouchers")
When these Terms mention "Dunnes Stores," "we", "us" or "our" it refers to the Dunnes Stores company. If you purchase our Vouchers online, in store or otherwise, we will refer to you using the terms "user","you","your" or "yours" in these Terms.
When you purchase a Vouchers and use our website you confirm acceptance of our Terms.
Exchange for goods
- Validly activated and verified vouchers can be exchanged for goods (excluding lottery tickets, saving stamps and vending machine sales) up to the value of the voucher or for goods at a higher price upon payment of the difference.
- Vouchers may not be exchanged for cash or other vouchers.
- Vouchers exchanged for goods at a lower value will be retained by us. Remaining balances less than €1.00 will be paid in cash; all other balances will be applied to a gift card.
- The minimum amount required to activate a gift card is €1.00. The maximum amount that can be credited to a gift card is €1,000.00.
- Vouchers can be exchanged for goods in the jurisdiction of purchase only.
- To alter or deface vouchers in any way will render them invalid/void.
- We reserve the right to refuse purchase of or to cancel vouchers at any time at our sole discretion if we deem that necessary.
- Vouchers are subject to verification at time of presentation and we reserve the right not to accept vouchers at our absolute discretion.
Online Gift Card Order system
- All transactions made via the gift card online order system are in Euro currency. GBP gift cards are also available for purchase on our consumer website giftcards.dunnesstores.com.
- Minors are prohibited from using the online order system on our website or affiliated sites. By using the online gift card order system you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Vouchers purchased through the gift card online order system can be exchanged for goods in stores in the Republic of Ireland only or in Northern Ireland Stores if a GBP card is purchased..
- Payments on online order system are by debit or credit card only.
- Payments for Corporate Accounts can be made via bank transfer.
- When gift cards are ordered online for delivery to the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland a shipping fee of €3.95/£3.95 per order will apply. For other destinations a fee of €8.30 per order applies. (Please note charges are subject to change without notice).
- The completion of the online gift card order application does not constitute our acceptance of your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when payment has been received and we dispatch your order.
- Gift card orders placed on the consumer gift card website giftcards.dunnesstores.com will be dispatched each day Monday to Friday (with next day delivery if ordered before 6pm) subject to receipt of payment.
- All risk in the gift cards/vouchers pass to you once delivered to the address on your order.
- Non-delivery of vouchers must be notified to us as soon as possible. Any shortfall of vouchers delivered against a relevant order must be notified to us within three working days of delivery.
- Neither we (nor any of our affiliates, tenants or suppliers) will be liable for damages arising out of misuse of the online gift card order system.
- We shall have no liability for delay or failure to deliver vouchers to you where the delay or failure to deliver is caused by circumstances wholly or partly beyond our control.
- Vouchers purchased online may only be returned or refunded in accordance with your legal rights.
- With the exception of Corporate customers you may cancel your online order. Please refer to Clause 7 of our General Terms and Conditions for details of how to cancel an order during the Cooling Off period.
The vouchers must be returned before use and within 14 days of receipt by returning to us by registered post within this time frame. Payments will be refunded upon our receipt to the same payment method only. We have no liability for vouchers that are returned late,mislaid or stolen in transit.
- We cannot guarantee the gift card online order system will be available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year and we reserve the right to cease the online order system at any time (whether temporarily or permanently).
- You agree not to post or publish offensive, libellous, defamatory, illegal or unlawful material when inscribing a message on a chosen voucher. While we reserve the right to monitor the content of the message, we do not exercise editorial control over the material being posted. We may at our discretion however change or remove any material that is libellous, defamatory, illegal or unlawful in nature.
- For individual consumer purchase of Vouchers the minimum online purchase is €10.00 and the maximum is €500/£500. For Corporate Account orders these limits do not apply.
- Lost or stolen vouchers cannot be replaced and we accept no liability for lost, stolen or damaged vouchers.
- Gift vouchers expire on the date specified and printed on the back of the gift voucher.
- Gift cards will expire and the balance thereon can be deducted 24 months after (i) the date of purchase or (ii) the last card use, whichever the later. A card use does not include a balance enquiry.
- Resale of vouchers and Intellectual Property Rights
- Vouchers are for personal use only and cannot be offered for re-sale or other commercial use including as a prize or incentive without the prior written consent of Dunnes Stores
- If our consent is forthcoming it may be subject to any conditions which we impose at our sole discretion.
- You may not sell vouchers at a discount against face value to third parties and no consent shall mean, shall be taken to mean or shall be deemed to be consent to sell or offer vouchers at a discount at any time.
- You may not use or adopt any product image, corporate title, designation, service mark, trademark, any intellectual property right or trading name of Dunnes Stores (Dunnes Brand) without our written prior consent and a consent to sell to third parties shall not be taken to mean or shall not be deemed to mean a consent to use any intellectual property rights of Dunnes Brand.
- You may not dispatch vouchers or related material to any third party in the absence of our prior written approval of all artwork incorporating Dunnes Brand.
- No consent to use Dunnes Brand shall be taken to be a general consent to use Dunnes Brand otherwise than specifically provided for in the consent. You must apply to obtain our consent for every individual use of Dunnes Brand.
- We may withdraw our consent or approval at any time at our sole discretion.
- We exclude liability for any claims, losses, demands or expenses of any kind howsoever arising, including but not limited to any claims, losses, demands or expenses that arise in connection with any transaction or dealing between us and a voucher holder or anything else in connection with these terms.
- Dunnes Stores shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary these Terms.
- These terms shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and all disputes will be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
The above Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.