Tues, 6th of September
A clafoutis is a baked custard that is traditionally made with cherries. Here I have swapped them out for apricots because firstly I love apricots, and secondly I couldn’t pit all those cherries! I have also scattered the top with flaked almonds which adds a lovely texture and flavour.
- 4 tbsp flaked almonds
- 6 fresh apricots (halved)
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup (170g) sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup (240ml) milk
- ½ cup (60g) flour
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180⁰C.
- 2. Butter the inside of an oven proof dish (I used a 10” x 6” dish).
- 3. Scatter the bottom of the dish with 2 tbsp of flaked almonds.
- 4. Place the apricots skin side up in the dish.
- 5. Whisk the eggs and sugars until smooth and slightly frothy, add vanilla, salt and milk and whisk again.
- 6. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
- 7. Pour the batter on top of the apricots, then gently scatter the remaining 2 tbsp of almonds on top.
- 8. Bake in the oven for 35-45mins. It should be set in the centre. You may need to cover the top with tin foil for the last 10 mins.
- 9. Sprinkle top with icing sugar and serve warm with a dollop of cream or crème fraîche. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Enzyme Tea Towel3511163 Lewis Dinner Plate3540180 Lewis Side Plate3540181