Wholewheat Chocolate and Ginger Banana Bread
There can be a lot of pressure at this time of year to get healthy or detox, and while there are times that I want to, I am also conscious that it is cold, dark and wet outside! I want comfort and cosiness and this cannot be underestimated. So here is a recipe for a banana bread with cocoa and warming ginger; I make it with wholewheat flour so it's nourishing and delicious, which is exactly what I feel like eating right now. Serve with some Greek yoghurt or crème fraîche.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ⅔ cup (135g) brown sugar
- 1½ cup (180g) wholewheat flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (120ml) sunflower oil
- ½ cup (140g) greek yoghurt
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 180˚C
- 2. Mash the bananas in a bowl.
- 3. Add the brown sugar and mash together leave for couple minutes.
- 4. In a seperate bowl, add flour, cocoa, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 5. Add the eggs, oil and yoghurt to banana mixture and mix well.
- 6. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and mix.
- 7. Bake for 45-55 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- 8. Serve with greek yoghurt or crème fraîche and enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Peppercorn 2pk Tea Towel3511173 Ludlow Dinner Plate3540141 Ludlow Side Plate3540142 Ludlow Bowl3540140