Francis Brennan Use And Care Guide
- Always check the care label prior to washing and separate linens into light and dark colours
- Wash at 40 degrees using a mild detergent
- Avoid laundering fine linens with other items, especially those containing polyester and items with heavy buttons or zips as these can damage the fabric
- Pre-treat any stains prior to washing
- Wash linens with lace or cut outs inside out
- Stretch and reshape linen from corner to corner prior to drying
TIP: The less detergent you use the better!
- Do not tumble dry
- Natural fibres will crease but there are ways you can minimise the creasing
- Dry your linen draped carefully on a clothes horse or line dry
- Iron when slightly damp
- Always make sure to check that your steam iron is clean as mineral deposits build up and can cause brown spotting
- Iron linens while still slightly damp. Use a steam iron on a hot setting for cotton
TIP: To preserve embroidery and finishes, iron on the reverse side!
TIP: Linens with delicate lace or cut-outs should be ironed underneath a white towel or cloth!
- Natural fabrics need to breathe so it is best to store your fine linen in a cool, dry and well aired press with no exposure to sunlight
- Do not store your linen in plastic bags or boxes as this can cause yellowing
TIP: Linens stored long term should be wrapped in cotton, an old pillowcase makes a great storage bag!
Dry-cleaning is not recommended for fine linens such as Francis Brennan the Collection.