Dark Chocolate, Orange & Peppercorn Truffles
These chocolate truffles are incredibly easy to make. I have re worked a standard recipe, swapping out most of the double cream for coconut oil, making these better for your heart in more ways than one. The coconut oil also adds a lovely smooth texture to these luscious bites. I have added orange zest and black pepper for flavour but really you could add whatever you like, including nuts, or some vanilla extract would be nice. A perfect treat to make for your loved one this valentines day, or even for yourself, because self love is the best love of all, Happy Valentines Day!
- 100g dark chocolate (70%) broken into pieces
- 50g coconut oil
- 20g cocoa powder
- 50g cream
- Zest of an orange or clementine
- Couple of grinds of black pepper to taste
- 1. Heat the cream in a pan until steaming. Add the coconut oil and dark chocolate and remove from the heat.
- 2. Stir until all the chocolate is melted.
- 3. Add the cocoa, orange zest and black pepper and stir until smooth.
- 4. Transfer the mixture to a plastic container and place in the fridge for at least an hour to firm.
- 5. Remove from the fridge and shape into small truffles with a spoon or melon baller.
- 6. Roll each truffle in cocoa powder.
- 7. Keep in the fridge until you are ready to eat. Serve and enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Favourite Mug3542104 Ludlow Dinner Plate3540141 Food Bag3511191 Food Tea Towel3511190