Santa will be sure to stop by if you put out these florentines! They’re equally good for an after-dinner treat on Christmas day.
- 1½ tbsp (20g) butter
- ⅓ cup (70g) sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ⅔ cup (60g) flaked almonds
- ⅓ cup (40g) pecans
- ¼ cup (60g) stem ginger (finely chopped)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 80g Milk Chocolate/ 1 Considered milk chocolate bar
- 20 x 20 cm bake tin
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- 2. Line your tin with baking parchment.
- 3. Melt the sugar, butter, cream and syrup in a saucepan over a low heat.
- 4. Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients.
- 5. Pour into the tin and even out. Bake for 13-15 mins until just turning golden around the edges.
- 6. Remove from the oven and using a knife or dough scraper divide into squares and lift out of the tin. Allow to cool.
- 7. Reline the tin with baking parchment and spread a layer of melted chocolate evenly.
- 8. Lift the cooled florentines back into the tin and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 9. When ready to eat lift out of the tin and snap or cut down along the pre-cut lines with the dough scraper.
These make a lovely gift for a friend or neighbour; simply pop some in a treat bag.
Let me know if you make these and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Products used: Square Pan3530102 Milk Chocolate3521100 Corner Spoon3513121 Dough Scraper3513117 Check Tea Towel3561110 Goodie Bags3561106