Corporate Gift Card/Voucher - Terms & Conditions
These Corporate Gift Card/Voucher Terms and Conditions ("Terms") apply to the purchase of gift vouchers or gift cards by corporate account holders (hereinafter called "Corporate Gift Cards").
When these Terms mention "Dunnes Stores", "we", "us" or "our" it refers to Dunnes Stores Unlimited Company or any of its affiliates. If you purchase our Corporate Gift Cards online, we will refer to you using the terms "user","you","your" or "yours" in these Terms.
When you purchase Corporate Gift Card(s) and/or use our Corporate Gift Card website, you confirm acceptance of these Terms.
Exchange for goods
- Validly activated and verified Corporate Gift Cards can be exchanged for goods (excluding lottery tickets, saving stamps and vending machine sales) up to the value of the gift card(s) or for goods at a higher price upon payment of the difference.
- Corporate Gift Cards may not be exchanged for cash or other vouchers or gift cards.
- Corporate Gift Cards exchanged for goods at a lower value will be retained by us. Remaining balances less than €1.00 will be paid in cash; all other balances will be applied to a new gift card.
- The minimum amount which can be credited to a Corporate Gift Card is €1.00. The maximum amount that can be credited to a Corporate Gift Card is €1,000.00.
- Corporate Gift Cards purchased via the online website can be exchanged for goods in stores in Republic of Ireland and online in EURO only.
- Gift Cards which are altered or defaced in any way will be invalid/void and will not be accepted for use
- We reserve the right to refuse purchase of or to cancel a Corporate Gift Card order at any time at our sole discretion if we deem that necessary.
- Use of Corporate Gift Cards is subject to verification at time of presentation and we reserve the right not to accept gift cards at our absolute discretion.
Online Gift Card Order system
- Payments on our online order system are by debit or credit card or by bank transfer.
- All transactions made via the Corporate Gift Card website are in Euro currency only.
- Minors are prohibited from using the Corporate Gift Cards website or affiliated sites. By using the Corporate Gift card website you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
- The completion of the Corporate Gift Card online order does not constitute our acceptance of your order. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when payment has been received by us and we dispatch your order.
- Corporate Gift Card orders will be dispatched within 5 working days of receipt of payment or as soon as possible thereafter. Corporate Gift Cards are inactive until activated by the corporate account holder by email or telephone to Dunnes Stores.
- Orders will be dispatched to the address stated on your order subject to receipt of payment.
- All risk in the Corporate Gift Cards passes to you once delivered to the address on your order.
- Non-delivery of Corporate Gift Cards must be notified to us as soon as possible. Any shortfall of Corporate Gift Cards delivered against a relevant order must be notified to us on the earliest to occur of (1) the third working day following delivery or (2) the activation of the Corporate Gift Cards by you.
- We shall have no liability for delay or failure to deliver gift cards/vouchers to you where the delay or failure to deliver is caused by circumstances wholly or partly beyond our control.
- Corporate Gift Cards purchased online cannot be exchanged for cash or refunded save as may be required by law.
- We cannot guarantee the Corporate Gift Card website will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year and we reserve the right to cease the website at any time (whether temporarily or permanently).
- You agree not to post or publish offensive, libellous, defamatory, illegal or unlawful material when inscribing a message on a chosen voucher. While we reserve the right to monitor the content of the message, we do not exercise editorial control over the material being posted. We may at our discretion however change or remove any material in our sole discretion including material that is libellous, defamatory, illegal or unlawful in nature.
- Lost or stolen vouchers cannot be replaced and we accept no liability for lost, stolen or damaged vouchers.
With effect from 1 December 2019 and irrespective of any other expiry date or period specified on a paper gift voucher or on a gift card:
- All unexpired and newly issued gift cards which are held or purchased by Dunnes Stores customers will expire on the date which is five years following the later of the date of purchase or the date of last use (Use includes activation, redemption, top up and/or balance enquiry).
- Corporate paper vouchers expire on the date specified and printed on the back of the gift voucher plus 5 years.
Resale of vouchers and Intellectual Property Rights
- Corporate Gift Cards are for personal use by the corporate account holder only and cannot be offered for re-sale or other commercial use including as a prize or incentive without the prior written consent of Dunnes Stores.
- If our consent is forthcoming, it may be subject to any conditions which we impose at our sole discretion.
- You may not sell Corporate Gift Cards at a discount against face value to third parties and no consent shall mean, shall be taken to mean or shall be deemed to be consent to sell or offer vouchers at a discount at any time.
- You may not use or adopt any product image, corporate title, designation, service mark, trademark, any intellectual property right or trading name of Dunnes Stores (Dunnes Brand) without our written prior consent. No individual consent to use Dunnes Brand shall be taken to be a general consent to use Dunnes Brand otherwise than specifically provided for in the consent. We may withdraw our consent or approval at any time at our sole discretion.
- You may not dispatch Corporate Gift Cards or related material to any third party in the absence of our prior written approval of all artwork incorporating Dunnes Brand.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude liability for any claims, losses, demands or expenses of any kind howsoever arising, including but not limited to any claims, losses, demands or expenses that arise in connection with any transaction or dealing between us and a gift card/voucher holder ,in connection with these Terms.
- Dunnes Stores shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary these Terms.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and all disputes will be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.