Ginger chocolate clementines
We are all so busy rushing from one spot to the next that we sometimes forget to stop and appreciate the things that really matter. For me, there is nothing better to do than share food with friends, but often I put off having people over because I think I just don’t have the time, when really there is nothing stopping me. After all, whether it’s a table of antipasti or a whole chicken thrown in the oven with a little salt and olive oil, it’s all just a matter of doing it.
This is the perfect dessert for such an evening and requires very little preparation. It tastes delicious and is fun to eat. Make one big pot of chocolate or give everyone individual bowls. If you let people peel their own clementines there is even less for you to do!
- 80g Considered Ginger Dark Chocolate (available at the following stores)
- 4 clementines
- Handful of crushed pistachios
- 1. Break up and place the chocolate in individual bowls or place all in one bowl*. Melt it using your preferred method - either in the microwave or by standing the bowl in boiling water.
- 2. Give people a plate with some crushed pistachios, the melted chocolate and their clementine.
- 3. Peel and dip the clementines into the chocolate and the crushed pistachios and enjoy!
*Tip: use a bowl that is quite thick as it will retain the heat and keep your chocolate melted for longer.
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Ramekin3540136 Small Platter3541113