In Store staff
Our valued teams in store are crucial in ensuring that customer demands and expectations are met. They are the face of Dunnes Stores, meeting and greeting our customers every day.
Without their dedication and hard work, we would not be as successful as we are today. Many of today’s Store Managers started their careers as Sales Assistants.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service
- Merchandise products to a high standard
- Stock control and replenishment
- Work as part of a team
We have Managers operating within:
- Food Safety
- Fresh Foods
- Fresh Produce
- Goods Inwards
- Human Resources
- Non Food
- Timepiece Restaurants
These are fast-paced and challenging roles, where the main objectives are to maximise Customer Service, Sales and Standards.
A Manager in Dunnes Stores drives productivity within the team. They look for opportunities where standards can improve and positive results capitalised on. Retail Management is all about the customer and the team. By providing clear direction and promoting passion within a store team, a good Manager improves customer satisfaction and loyalty – which in turn helps drive sales.
A Store Manager is responsible for maintaining high performance throughout their store. They implement and follow Dunnes Stores policies and procedures, but also operate their store like its own “mini business” – one that may be responsible for millions of Euro a week and incorporate up to 700 people.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Controlling overheads and costs
- Maximising sales performance on every product
- Controlling stock loss and wastage
- Ensuring the best results from company audits
- Deliver excellent store standards across merchandising, service and housekeeping
- Making sure that targets are reached and exceeded
- Delegating tasks/duties and driving productivity/satisfaction among their team
- Ensure store is legally compliant