Plum and Apple Marzipan Tart
This is a really simple autumn tart. It takes about 15 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake. The marzipan layer underneath the fruit helps protect the pastry from getting soggy, and it will melt slightly as it cooks, allowing the fruit to sink into it and merge into a delicious fruity almond treat!
- 1 sheet puff pastry*
- 2-3 plums
- 2-3 small apples
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 packet marzipan (250g)
- 60g flaked almonds (toasted)
*Leave your puff pastry to defrost for 45 mins. on the counter. If you you need to leave it longer, refrigerate after 45 mins.
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 200⁰C.
- 2. Slice your plums and apples into thin slices and remove plum stones and apple core.
- 3. Place the plum slices in a small bowl and toss in a tbsp brown sugar.
- 4. Then place the apple slices in a small bowl and toss in a tbsp brown sugar.
- 5. Sprinkle your counter with icing sugar and roll out the marzipan. You want it rectangular and approx. 6cm narrower and 6cm shorter than your puff pastry sheet.
- 6. Roll out the defrosted puff pastry sheet and place the marzipan on top, leaving 3cm edge around it.
- 7. Place the apple and plum slices directly onto the marzipan, alternating each fruit. Drizzle any of the sugary juice on top of the fruit.
- 8. Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
- 9. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- 10. Serve warm alone or with cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Enzyme Tea Towel3511163 Ludlow Side Plate3540141 Ludlow Bowl3540140