Roasted apricots with rose yoghurt
Wed, 11 Feb 2015
This would work well with plums as well but I love the delicate flavour of apricots. The sweetness is enhanced by roasting and is a great way to bring out the flavour if the fruit is a little under ripe. Enjoy this as a comforting breakfast or a warm dessert. A little rose syrup added to thick yoghurt is the perfect accompaniment and gives this fruit an eastern flavour. Sprinkle with a few fresh mint leaves to serve.
- Serves 2-4
- 4 fresh apricots (cut in half with kernel removed)
- 2-4 tbsp Condsidered rose syrup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Tub of thick yoghurt (Greek works well)
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 180˚C.
- 2. Place halved apricots on a roasting dish and drizzle over 2tbsp of Considered rose syrup and 2 tbsp of sugar.
- 3. Roast in the oven for 15-20 mins until soft.
- 4. Add 1-2 tbsp of Considered rose syrup to yoghurt. Taste and add more if required.
- 5. Serve 2-4 apricot halves with a big spoonful of the rose yoghurt. Sprinkle with fresh mint leaves and rose petals to serve.
Let me know if you make these and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Products used: Bowery Square3532101 Waffle Tea Towel3511107 Mercer Plate (med)3540104 Mercer Bowl (sml)3540106 Rose Syrup3512108 Raspberry & Rose Jam3520110