Vanilla & chocolate christmas cookies
Fri, 18 Dec 2014
These star cookies look impressive but they’re incredibly easy to bake!
By trimming the warm cookies with your cutter, you’ll give them a nice professional finish (although strictly this isn’t necessary, especially if you're not concerned with how they look).
- 1¼ cups (295g) all purpose flour
- ½ cup (115g) cornflour
- ½ cup (115g) vanilla sugar
- 8 ozs (225g) butter
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC
- 2. Add the flour, cornflour, sugar and butter to a mixing bowl
- 3. Rub together to create a dough
- 4. Transfer half the mixture into a separate bowl
- 5. Add the cocoa powder to this half and mix together with your hands
- 6. Lightly flour half your worktop with flour and the other half with cocoa powder
- 7. Place the vanilla dough on the flour surface and the chocolate dough on the cocoa surface
- 8. Roll out both doughs to approx. 1cm thick
- 9. Cut out your cookies using a 6½cm circle cookie cutter
- 10. Cut out the centres using a small star cookie cutter, then swap the centres and press in lightly
- 11. Place your cookies on a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 mins
- 12. Remove from the oven and while still warm clean the edges off using the circle cookie cutter
- 13. Pop the cookies into my goodie bags and give them as a lovely Christmas gift. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make these and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Products used: Mercer Bowl (lrg)-3540108 Mercer Bowl (med)3540107 Sanford Measuring Cups3512103 Vanilla Sugar3520108 Marble Board (lrg)-3512115 Milk Chocolate3521100 Open Me Tags3561105