Gift Card/Voucher - Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions ("terms") apply to: (i) the purchase and redemption of physical gift vouchers or physical gift cards from Dunnes Stores ("us" "we" or "our", as applicable) and (ii) the redemption of electronic gift cards ("e-gift cards") purchased from our trusted e-gift cards sales partner Stored Value Solutions UK Limited (“SVS UK”) (hereinafter all such vouchers and gift cards are called "vouchers") by any company, partnership individual or other legal entity ("you") whether purchased online, in store or otherwise and your purchase and redemption of vouchers and/or use of our website confirms your acceptance of these terms. The purchase of e-gift cards (and certain related aspects) are subject to the terms and conditions of our trusted e-gift cards sales partner SVS UK which are available here.
Corporate Gift Card/Voucher Terms & Conditions are available to review here.
Exchange for goods
- Validly activated and verified vouchers can be exchanged for goods (excluding lottery tickets, saving stamps and vending machine sales) up to the value of the voucher or for goods at a higher price upon payment of the difference.
- Vouchers may not be exchanged for cash or other vouchers.
- Vouchers exchanged for goods at a lower value will be retained by us. Remaining balances less than €/£1.00 will be paid in cash; all other balances will be applied to a gift card.
- The minimum amount required to activate a gift card is €/£10.00. The maximum amount that can be credited to a gift card is €1000 £400.
- Subject to the provisions below relating to gift cards purchased online, Vouchers can be exchanged for goods in the jurisdiction of purchase only.
- To alter or deface vouchers in any way will render them invalid/void.
- We reserve the right to refuse purchase of or to cancel vouchers at any time at our sole discretion if we deem that necessary.
- Vouchers are subject to verification at time of presentation and we reserve the right not to accept vouchers at our absolute discretion.
Online Gift Card Order system
- Transactions made via the consumer gift card online website including e-gift cards purchased from our trusted sales partner, SVS UK are in either Euro or GBP currency.
- Minors are prohibited from using the online order system on our website or affiliated sites or those of our sales partners. By using the online gift card order system you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
- Vouchers purchased through the gift card online order system including e-gift cards purchased from our trusted sales partner, SVS UK can be exchanged for goods in stores in the Republic of Ireland only for Euro gift cards and Northern Ireland stores for GBP gift cards and as payment for dunnesstores.com online orders in the respectively currencies.
- Payments on the online order website are by debit or credit card only.
- Payments for Corporate Accounts can be made via bank transfer.
- When physical gift cards are ordered online a delivery fee applies. Please note, delivery charges are subject to change without notice: ROI €3.95 (free if the gift cards order is €50 or over), NI £3.95 (free delivery if the gift card order is £40 or over), and England, Scotland and Wales €/£8.30 per order. The completion of the online physical gift card order application does not constitute acceptance of the order. Our acceptance of your order will take place only when payment has been received and we dispatch your physical gift card.
- ROI and NI Next Day delivery service: consumer physical gift cards ordered online before 12pm Monday through Friday will be delivered the following day or in 2 days if ordered outside of these periods. Please note, Next day delivery exclusions also apply during bank holidays, peak sale periods, operational problems and adverse weather preventing delivery.
- For England, Scotland and Wales, consumer physical gift card orders will be dispatched within 5 days of order placement.
- Orders of physical gift card will be dispatched to the address stated on your order subject to receipt of payment.
- All risk in the vouchers pass to you once delivered to the address on your order.
- Non-delivery of vouchers must be notified to us as soon as possible or in the case of e-gift cards purchased from our trusted sales partner, notified to SVS UK. Any shortfall of vouchers delivered against a relevant order must be notified to us within three working days of delivery or in the case of e-gift cards purchased from our trusted sales partner, notified to SVS UK.
- Neither we (nor any of our affiliates, tenants, suppliers or sales partners) will be liable for damages arising out of misuse of the online gift card order system.
- We shall have no liability for delay or failure to deliver vouchers to you where the delay or failure to deliver is caused by circumstances wholly or partly beyond our control.
- Vouchers purchased online may only be returned or refunded in accordance with your legal rights.
- With the exception of corporate customers you may cancel your online order for a physical voucher. Please refer to Clause 8 of our General Terms and Conditions for details of how to cancel an order for a physical voucher during the Cooling Off period. The physical voucher(s) must be returned before use and within 14 days of receipt by returning to us by registered post within this time frame. Payments will be refunded upon our receipt to the same payment method only. We have no liability for vouchers that are returned late, mislaid or stolen in transit. This provision (being the last 5 sentences in this bullet point) on cancellation does not apply to the cancellation of e-gift cards which are subject to the terms and conditions of our trusted sales partner, SVS UK
- We cannot guarantee the gift card online order system will be available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year and we reserve the right to cease the online order system at any time (whether temporarily or permanently).
- You agree not to post or publish offensive, libellous, defamatory, illegal or unlawful material when inscribing a message on a chosen voucher. While we reserve the right to monitor the content of the message, we do not exercise editorial control over the material being posted. We may at our discretion however change or remove any material that is libellous, defamatory, illegal or unlawful in nature.
- For individual consumer purchases of vouchers the minimum online purchase is €/£10.00 and the maximum per card is €/£500.00. Up to a maximum of 20 e-gift cards can be purchased in one order.
- Lost or stolen vouchers cannot be replaced and we accept no liability for lost, stolen or damaged vouchers.
- With effect from 1 December 2019 and irrespective of any other expiry date or period specified on a voucher all unexpired and newly issued vouchers which are held or purchased by Dunnes Stores customers will expire on the date which is five years following the later of the date of purchase or the date of last use ("use" includes activation, redemption, top up and/or balance enquiry). All vouchers which are held or purchased by Dunnes Stores customers and which have a printed expiry date on or after 31 December 2019 will have a new expiry date which is five years following the printed expiry date.
Resale of vouchers and intellectual property rights
- Vouchers are for personal use only and cannot be offered for re-sale or other commercial use including as a prize or incentive without the prior written consent of Dunnes Stores
- If our consent is forthcoming it may be subject to any conditions which we impose at our sole discretion.
- You may not sell vouchers at a discount against face value to third parties and the absence of consent or delay in responding to a request for consent shall not be deemed to be consent to sell or offer vouchers at a discount at any time.
- You may not use or adopt any product image, corporate title, designation, service mark, trademark, any intellectual property right or trading name of Dunnes Stores ("Dunnes Brand") without our written prior consent and a consent to sell to third parties shall not be taken to mean or shall not be deemed to mean a consent to use any intellectual property rights of Dunnes Brand.
- You may not dispatch vouchers or related material to any third party in the absence of our prior written approval of all artwork incorporating Dunnes Brand.
- A consent to use Dunnes Brand shall not be taken to be a general consent to use Dunnes Brand otherwise than specifically provided for in the consent. You must apply to obtain our consent for every individual use of Dunnes Brand.
- We may withdraw our consent or approval at any time at our sole discretion.
- We exclude liability for any claims, losses, demands or expenses of any kind howsoever arising, including but not limited to any claims, losses, demands or expenses that arise in connection with any transaction or dealing between us and a voucher holder or anything else in connection with these terms.
- We reserve the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions in our sole discretion at any time, without affecting orders already placed. Your use of the website is deemed acceptance of its terms.
- These terms shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and all disputes will be referred to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
The above Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.