Avocado Citrus Salad
Fri, 29th of January
This delicious salad is made using citrus fruits which are currently in season. Try whatever you like, from oranges to clementines or even blood oranges if you can get your hands on them. The creaminess of the avocado in this recipe works seamlessly with the cool, fresh fennel and the zing of the fruit. A perfect salad to put a pep in your step as we head out of winter and march towards spring.
- 1 avocado
- 2 oranges (I used 1 blood, 1 regular)
- 1 fresh fennel bulb
- ¼ red onion (thinly sliced)
- Handful of sprouts
- Bunch of flat leaf parsley (optional to serve)
- Juice of a lime
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1. Chop the end off your fennel bulb and remove outer leaves if they are bruised. Cut lengthways into thin slices.
- 2. Using a knife, cut rind off oranges and slice.
- 3. Half the avocado, remove the flesh and cut into slices.
- 4. Delicately place all your ingredients on a plate or platter.
- 5. Pour over lime juice and olive oil. Serve and enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Ludlow Platter (sml)-3541119 Ludlow Platter (lrg)-3541121 Wooden Chopping Block3512118