Avocado, raw beetroot and fennel salad
This salad is completely raw so you’re getting the maximum benefit from all of its nutrient-rich ingredients.
We all need to look after ourselves, especially in these cold dark winter months. But eating well doesn’t mean we have to deprive ourselves; nor does it mean we can never eat another slice of decadent chocolate cake or munch on an incredible chewy chocolate chip cookie -that would be such a sad day! No, to me it means balance. I am trying to add more raw meals into my diet, (pretty easy when they taste this good), but don’t think that will stop me from launching into a cream cake anytime soon.
I have added a teaspoon of my wholegrain mustard with horseradish into this dressing, which adds a lovely fiery kick.
- 1 fresh fennel bulb
- 1 raw beetroot (any variety- I used a combination of red and striped)
- 1 avocado
- 2 handfuls of fresh green salad leaves (I used watercress, spinach and rocket)
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 12 tbsp good olive oil
- 1 tsp of Considered Wholegrain Mustard with Horseradish
- 1. Chop the end off your fennel bulb and remove outer leaves if they are bruised. Slice lengthways into thin slices.
- 2. Using a vegetable peeler, mandolin peeler or knife, peel your beetroot and shave into the thinnest slices you can.
- 3. Halve the avocado, remove the flesh and cut into cubes.
- 4. Add all of your ingredients into a bowl with your greens.
- 5. Make your dressing by combining ingredients in a bowl and whisking together. Pour over salad and serve on 2 plates.
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Products used: Marble Board3512115 Mercer lrg Plate3540105 Bowery Ramekin3532100 Waffle Tea Towel3511107 Cutlery Set3541109 Wholegrain Mustard w/ Horseradish3520107