Buttermilk chocolate cake with chocolate and toffee butter filling
This three-tier cake is somewhat decadent; the perfect showstopper for any occasion. The buttermilk makes this cake very light and moist and the rich chocolate and toffee butter filling make it luscious and a real treat.
BUTTERMILK CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 2 cups (500ml) water <
- 250g butter cubed
- 2/3 cup (80g) cocoa sifted
- 4 cups (600g) flour sifted
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups (450g) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 jar of Considered belgian chocolate sauce
- 1 jar of Considered toffee butter sauce
Makes 3 x 9” cakes
- 1. Preheat oven to 160ºC.
- 2. Grease and line the bottom of your 9’’ (23cm) round pans.
- 3. Place the butter, water and cocoa into a pot and melt on a low heat.
- 4. Stir until smooth, then remove from the heat.
- 5. Sieve your flour, baking soda and sugar into a separate bowl and add cocoa mixture stir gently until there are no more lumps.
- 6. Add the egg, buttermilk and vanilla and combine.
- 7. Divide between your pans and bake for 45-50 mins, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- 8. Leave to cool for 20 mins then gently run a knife around the edges and turn out onto cooling rack.
- 9. When cakes are cool place your first cake on to your desired serving plate.
- 10. Gently warm your Belgian chocolate and toffee butter sauce either in the microwave for 20-30 secs or by standing them in a bowl of warm water.
- 11. Stir chocolate and pour 1/3 the jar over cake base.
- 12. Now spoon over 6 tablespoons of the toffee butter sauce on top.
- 13. Place next cake and repeat.
- 14. Top with final 1/3 of chocolate sauce and enjoy!
Let me know if you make these and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Products used: Belgian Chocolate Sauce3520112 Toffee Butter Sauce 3520113