Carrot, cucumber and sesame seed salad
Spiralizers are all the rage right now. They’re great and a good way to add interest to your daily intake of veg. We all need to eat more veg! But they can be expensive and take up valuable cupboard space. Why not get my €5 julienne peeler as an alternative? Use it to slice up beets, courgettes, or make this simple and healthy salad. The crunchy carrots and cucumber flavours are enhanced by the addition of my new fig vinegar.
- 2 carrots
- ½ cucumber
- Handful black sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tbsp Considered fig vinegar (available in the following stores)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Edible flowers to decorate* i.e. pansies, primroses (optional)
- 1. Peel the carrots and cut off the top and tail.
- 2. Using the julienne peeler to cut the carrots and cucumber into thin strips and place into a bowl.
- 3. Spoon over the fig vinegar, olive oil and sesame seeds and toss until coated.
- 4. Arrange on a plate and sprinkle with flowers*. If you are using fresh flowers serve immediately. Serve and enjoy!
*Please make sure the flowers have not been sprayed with any chemicals.
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Dinner Plate3540126 Cutlery Set3541109 Beach Stripe Napkins3511132 Mercer Bowl (lrg) 3540108 Julienne Peeler3513128