What could be easier to make than these chocolate almonds? First, simply pick your favourite flavour chocolate; I chose ginger but these would also be wonderful with bergamot or plain milk chocolate. After the chocolate is melted, stir in roasted almonds and sprinkle the top with sea salt and flaked almonds. These are perfect for pre or post dinner nibbles or for throwing in one of my food gift bags to give to a friend.
Makes 8-10 mounds
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- Chocolate (80g) I used 1 bar of Considered Ginger Chocolate
- Sea Salt Flakes
- 2 tbsp toasted almond flakes (optional)
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. In a heat safe bowl, microwave the chocolate on high for 1 minute. Take it out, give it a stir, then return to microwave for 30 seconds at a time - stir after each - until creamy. Be careful not to overcook it will ruin the chocolate. I like to take it out while there are still some lumps and stir as the residual heat from the bowl will melt the last bit.
- 3. Add almonds to the bowl of melted chocolate.
- 4. Use a tablespoon to scoop out almonds and chocolate and scoop a mound on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining almonds and chocolate. Sprinkle top with coarse sea salt and toasted almond flakes (optional).
- 5. Allow clusters to cool completely before serving.
- 6. Store at room temperature or chilled in an airtight container.
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Goodie Bags3510105 Spoon3513122 Mixing Bowl3512107