Chocolate, lavender and pecan cookies
I bake a lot and I am always testing new recipes and flavours. So, on any given weekend if you pop into my kitchen you could be presented with a variety of baked offerings- half a chocolate cake, muffins that won’t be eaten or shortbread just coming out of the oven. My children at this point are pretty unimpressed by most of my attempts, so it is a testament to how good these cookies are as they were gone in a matter of minutes. Chewy and chocolatey, they also have a subtle hint of lavender (it is not overpowering just an undertone). I am pretty sure these would be just as good without the pecans, you could add chocolate chunks instead for a double chocolate hit!
Makes about 20 cookies
- 6 oz (175g) melted butter
- 1 cup (200g) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (100g) Considered lavender sugar
- 1 medium egg & 1 egg yolk
- 1 ½ cups (200g) plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ cup & 2 tbsp (50g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup pecans
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- 2. Place the butter and sugars in a bowl. Beat with an electric whisk or by hand until thoroughly combined.
- 3. Add the egg and egg yolk and beat vigorously until the mixture becomes a light cream colour.
- 4. Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder and slowly combine with the sugar mixture- do not over mix.
- 5. Stir in the pecans.
- 6. Line your cookie sheet with baking parchment and place about a tbsp of the mixture a couple of inches apart on a cookie sheet. You may have to do more than one sheet or do them in batches.
- 7. Bake for approx. 10 mins or until slightly darker at the edges but not burnt. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Let me know if you make these and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Dinner Plate3540126 Lavender Sugar3520109 Cutlery Set3541109 Cake Rack3530113 Silicone spoon3513122 Sieve3513129 Cookie Sheet3530112 Mercer lrg bowl3540108