Creamy mushroom tagliatelle
My creamy mushroom tagliatelle is an indulgent meal and great as a meatless option for a main course. This dish looks elegant but it’s really easy to throw together. It only has a few ingredients, all simple and full of flavour and texture. What really gives this dish a kick though is the secret ingredient- my wholegrain mustard with horseradish. Take your time to brown the mushrooms and the rest comes together quite easily.
- Tagliatelle or similar pasta (enough for 2 servings)
- 16 oz (450g) mixed mushrooms (sliced)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp Considered wholegrain mustard with horseradish
- 1 tsp dried tarragon (or 2 tsp fresh chopped tarragon)
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil, salt well and add pasta. Cook according to cooking instructions
- 2. Sauté the mushrooms until nice and golden.
- 3. Add the wine and allow simmering until wine reduces by half.
- 4. Add the mustard and tarragon. Stir well to combine.
- 5. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the cream, half of the grated Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine.
- 6. Pasta should be cooked through now (if not, remove pan from heat until the pasta is ready), keep 1 cup of boiling pasta water from the pot, then drain the pasta.
- 7. Add the pasta and about ⅓ of the pasta water previously set aside to the pan with the mushrooms and sauce.
- 8. Over a medium heat, toss the pasta in the sauce until the sauce thickens slightly and coats the pasta.
- 9. Serve garnished with the additional grated Parmesan in the pan, or dish up onto plates. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Copper 2 handle3531101 Mustard3512104 Baskets3520107 Sanford low3512100 Copper Strainer3531103 Cutlery Set3541109 Tribeca chair3550100 Basket3532104