Drury street tea shortbread
I am so delighted to be launching my new range of teas. By working with a master blender I have combined the finest whole leaf teas to bring you optimum antioxidants and a full fresh flavour.
My tea selection includes:
Repose: using whole chamomile heads combined with cornflowers and lavender, this floral tea will help you to relax and unwind before bed or after a busy day.
Refresh: this tea combines fresh mint leaves with fennel; the perfect pick me up in the afternoon. A clean fresh flavour.
Drury St. Blend: this is my signature blend combining Assam black tea with warm spices and orange rind. It’s the perfect cup at any time of day.
I love to use tea in my baking as it adds flavour and depth. Here I added my signature Drury St tea blend to a favourite oat shortbread cookie recipe, giving you a delicious and flavourful treat.
- 7ozs (200g) butter
- ½ cup (100g) sugar
- 2 ⅔ (300g) flour
- 1 cup (85g) toasted oats
- 2 tbsp Considered Drury Street Tea
- pinch of salt
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- 2. Place the oats and tea on a baking tray and toast for 10mins. Remove and set aside
- 3. Place the butter and sugar in a bowl. Beat with an electric whisk or by hand until thoroughly combined.
- 4. Add the flour and salt to the sugar mixture and rub in with your hands.
- 5. Tip out the oat and tea mixture onto a chopping board. Chop the mixture to break down any large clumps and remove any large clove pieces that have gone hard in the toasting.
- 6. Empty the chopped oats and tea to the dough mixture and lightly knead it together so it combines into a solid dough.
- 7. Form the dough into a log, wrap in Clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (you will get a better flavour if you refrigerate over night).
- 8. When you are ready to bake, pre-heat the oven to 200˚C and remove the dough from the fridge and slice into cookies 1- 1.5cm thick.
- 9. Line your cookie sheet with baking parchment and place the cookies couple of inches apart on a cookie sheet. You may have to do more than one sheet or do them in batches.
- 10. Bake for approx. 10-15 mins or until the cookies start to brown at the edges. Sprinkle the top with sugar and turn off the oven and leave to cool inside the oven with the door left slightly ajar. Serve and enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Dinner Plate3540126 Side Plate3540128 Cutlery Set3541109 Bowl3540127 Sanford Tall3512122 Beach Stripe Tea Towel3511131 Beach Stripe Napkins3511132