Fluffy American Pancakes
Any excuse to eat a pancake is a good one, so this Pancake Tuesday why not start the day off with these thick and fluffy American-style pancakes? A perfect breakfast treat, pile them high and serve with delicious bacon, a syrup of your choice or butter. You will need a heavy-based pan for these—a cast-iron pan works well if you have one.
- 2 cups (240g) plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 300 ml milk
- butter for frying
- 1. Place the flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl, stir and make a well in the centre.
- 2. In a jug, add the eggs to the milk and whisk to combine.
- 3. Slowly pour the milk and egg mixture in with the dry ingredients.
- 4. Whisk or stir together but don’t worry if there are a few lumps.
- 5. Heat the pan until very hot and then reduce to medium.
- 6. Place a little butter on the pan and add 2 large spoonfuls of batter to form one pancake.
- 7. When the top of the pancake starts to pop with small air bubbles turn the pancake over and cook for a minute more.
- 8. You can keep the pancakes warm in a medium oven or serve immediately from the pan. Serve with your favourite syrup or honey and butter. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Slogan Dinner Plate3540152 Slogan Side Plate3540153 Slogan Creamer3541123 slogan bowl 3540154 Mug3540156