Lemon and spinach linguine
Mon, 24th Aug 2015
This is a great summer pasta dish. It’s really quick to make and full of the scent of Sicilian lemon groves. It tastes of summer even if there isn’t much sunshine; it’s also hearty enough to fill you up after a day at the beach and really easy to prepare.
- 8ozs linguine (or enough for 4 servings)
- ½ bag of baby spinach
- 1 small sweet onion (halved and sliced thin)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Splash white wine
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- Handful of chopped pistachios
- Parmesan to serve
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to the boil, salt well and add the linguine. Cook according to cooking instructions.
- 2. Sauté the onions in the olive oil with a pinch of salt until soft and golden.
- 3. Add the wine and allow simmering until wine reduces by half.
- 4. Add half the lemon juice and zest and spinach. Stir well to combine.
- 5. Once the pasta is done cooking, drain and toss into the pan with the spinach and onions.
- 6. Squeeze in the remaining lemon juice and zest and add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
- 7. Divide out among 4 pasta bowls and top with chopped pistachios and freshly grated Parmesan. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Pasta Bowl3540135 Lemon Juicer3513132