This is a really delicious dish, perfect for lunch or alongside a roast lamb or chicken. The earthy flavour of the lentils perfectly offsets the bitterness of the celery leaves and the creamy goats cheese, while the toasted pumpkin seeds enhance the texture and give a nice crunch. The celery adds an unusual note to the dish, though it can be replaced with parsley if you’d prefer. Make sure you use puy lentils as they are small and will retain their shape after cooking.
- 1½ cups (270g) puy lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped finely)
- 1 celery (chopped finely)
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- 1 cup (130g) toasted pumpkins seeds
- 1 cup (130g) goats cheese
- handful of celery leaves
- 1 tbsp Considered Raspberry Vinegar
- ⅓ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1. Rinse the lentils and put into a salted water with the bay leaves and bring to the boil.
- 2. Simmer for 15 mins. and then add the chopped vegetables.
- 3. After 10 mins. taste the lentils, they should be tender but not mushy.
- 4. Combine the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- 5. Drain the lentils and remove the bay leaves. Pour over the dressing while still warm.
- 6. Place in a bowl and crumble in the goats cheese. Sprinkle with the celery leaves and pumpkin seeds.
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Hudson Dinner Plate3540133 Hudson Side Plate3540134 bergamot 3 pack tea towel 3511148