Mint Chocolate Buckwheat Cookies
These “after-dinner mint” style chocolate cookies are almost like chewy brownies! The combination of fresh mint leaves and dark chocolate is deeply satisfying, while the buckwheat flour adds depth and earthiness. If you prefer, you can even make these with a plain milk or dark chocolate and exclude the mint leaf topping.
Makes 12-16 Cookies
- 2 bars Considered Mint Chocolate (160g)
- 20g butter
- ¼ cup (30g) buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (115g) light brown sugar
- 12-16 fresh mint leaves
- 1. Melt the butter and chocolate using your preferred method (I always use the microwavefor this).
- 2. Place the buckwheat flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- 3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until pale and light.
- 4. Add the slightly cooled chocolate mixture to the eggs and combine.
- 5. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine (the mixture will be very wet and loose).
- 6. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
- 7. Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C and remove the mixture from the fridge.
- 8. Place small mounds of dough on a lined cookie tray about 4cm apart and bake for 8-10 mins.
- 9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly and then press a fresh mint leaf on each cookie. Serve and enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Lipped Bowl3541130