Molten lava cake with raspberry rose centre
Valentine's night should be a night of indulgence. These molten lava chocolate cakes can be made ahead of time and popped in the fridge or freezer (if you freeze or refrigerate bring to room temperature before baking). The exterior bakes to a crisp sponge while the interior stays liquid and luscious. I have added a spoonful of my raspberry and rose jam to the centre, the combination of which is really decadent and tempting, perfect for your Valentine's dinner.
- Makes 4 individual molten cakes
- 225g chocolate (I used Considered milk chocolate)
- 4 ozs (115g) butter
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup (100g) vanilla sugar*
- ½ cup (65g) flour
- 4 tsp Considered raspberry and rose jam
- Optional cocoa powder to dust
* If you don’t have vanilla sugar, use caster sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1. Butter 4x 6oz ramekins, place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- 2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a pan on a low heat.
- 3. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar using an electric whisk until pale and the mixture has doubled in size (approx. 2-3 mins.)
- 4. Stir your egg mixture into the cooled chocolate and stir gently.
- 5. Add flour and fold until combined.
- 6. Half fill a ramekin with the mixture and then add tsp of the raspberry and rose jam to the centre.
- 7. Add more batter on top and tap the base of the ramekin on the worktop to flatten.
- 8. Bake in a pre-heated oven ((200°C)) for 12-15 mins. The less you bake them, the more runny the centre will be. (I baked these for 12 mins, you can see when the cake is turned out the top is still molten.)
- 9. Run a knife around the edge of the ramekin and turn out upside down onto a serving plate.
- 10. To serve, dust with cocoa powder. I placed a little heart that I cut from paper and stuck with Sellotape on the back for easy removal.
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Products used: Ramekin (grey)3532100 Slogan Tea Towel (red)3511109 Marble Board (sml)3512115 Cutlery Set3541109 Mixing Bowl3512108 Raspberry & Rose Jam3520103