No Bake Chocolate Nut Bars
As we hurtle towards the end of summer holidays, my mind returns to preparing lunchboxes. These no-bake nut bars taste like a very indulgent treat but are actually high in protein and fibre. A lot of schools have a ban on nuts in lunchboxes and if that is the case, they are perfect for an after school snack (or indeed anytime) and they’re not just for kids either!
- ⅔ cup (160g) almond butter
- ⅓ cup (80g) peanut butter
- ⅓ cup (110g) honey
- ⅓ cup (65g) coconut oil
- 2 cups (180g) rolled oats
- 200g toasted nuts of your choice
- 200g dark chocolate chopped (I used 70% cocoa soilds)
You will need a 8" square tin, lined with grease proof paper.
- 1. Place the nuts butters, honey and coconut oil into a saucepan and melt over a low/ medium heat.
- 2. Add the chopped chocolate and stir until melted.
- 3. Add the oats and nuts and stir until well combined.
- 4. Empty the contents into a tin and flatten to the edges, packing it down until smooth on top.
- 5. Refrigerate for 2 hours at least.
- 6. Remove from the tin and cut into squares.
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Enzyme Tea Towel3511163 Lewis Dinner Plate3540180 Lewis Side Plate3540181