Pan Fried Camembert Sandwich With Tomato Chutney
What is better than a toasted cheese sandwich? Well possibly this toasted cheese sandwich- melted Camembert mixed with my spicy tomato chutney, melted butter and a pinch of rosemary. This is a wonderful indulgence and one of my favourite comfort foods. Make sure the bread you use is good quality; a sourdough works well as it has structure but a good pullman loaf would also work. Be careful the bread is not sliced too thick or your cheese won’t melt. Eat immediately!
- 2 slices sourdough
- Few slices Camembert (or your favourite cheese)
- 1 tbsp Considered tomato, chilli and balsamic vinegar chutney
- Knob butter
- Few sprigs rosemary
- 1. Butter the bread and place the rosemary sprigs on the butter. Place one slice in a pan, butter side down on a low heat.
- 2. Place the Camembert slices on top and cover the bread completely, and spoon over the chutney.
- 3. Place the second slice of bread on top (butter side up) and fry on both sides until golden brown. (Keep the heat low-medium so the cheese melts before the bread burns.)
- 4. Slice diagonally and serve. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Hudson Dinner Plate3540133 Tomato Chutney3520105