Pear and rocket salad with goats cheese and sour cream dressing
This is really a plate of food. There is no tossing and very little chopping - very little preparation at all, in fact - and you can easily scale up this recipe to serve 4, 6 or even 8. The sour cream and goats cheese combine beautifully with the sweetness of the pear and the spicy hit of the rocket, making a lovely light lunch with a grown-up flavour combination. The pistachios are optional but add a nice texture overall, creating a perfect spring dish.
- 1 pear
- ½ cup (115g) soft goats cheese
- ⅓ cup (75g) sour cream
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1½ tsp white wine vinegar
- Handful of pistachios (crushed)
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 1. Thinly slice the pear.
- 2. To make the dressing mix the goats cheese, sour cream, vinegar and crushed garlic in a small bowl.
- 3. Place a handful of rocket on a each plate and top with half the pear.
- 4. Drizzle each salad with the dressing and sprinkle on top the crushed pistachios. Serve and enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Ellis Plate3540159 Ellis Bowl3540158