Pecan treacle bites
Wed, 5th Aug 2015
Sometimes you just want a little something with your mid-afternoon cup of tea or after a healthy breakfast, maybe a sweet treat. These mini pecan treacle bites are just the right size to satisfy that sweet craving but small enough they won’t do too much damage! There is very little flour in these so the texture is quite light, while the muscavado sugar gives them a deep treacle flavour. They would also make a perfect picnic treat.
- Makes 16 mini muffins
- 1 cup (220g) packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup (65g) flour
- 2 cups (250g) chopped pecans
- ⅔ cup (150g) butter (softened)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- Icing sugar to dust (optional)
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- 2. Grease a mini muffin tray and set aside.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl combine the brown sugar, flour and pecans.
- 4. In a separate bowl beat the butter and eggs (by an electric whisk or by hand until thoroughly combined).
- 5. Fold in the dry ingredients until combined - be careful not to over mix.
- 6. Scrape the mixture into the prepared mini muffin tray - about ⅔ of the way full.
- 7. Bake in the oven for 12- 13 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- 8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Then carefully run a knife around each muffin to pop out and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar and serve. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Cooling Rack3530113 Mixing Bowl3512107 Spoon3513121