Roasted Root Vegetable and Quinoa Salad
A hearty, earthy salad made with crunchy roast hazelnuts, the combination of textures and flavours in this salad offers a tasty lunch that is both healthy and filling. The creamy tahini dressing would also be delicious on roast vegetables as an unusual side.
- 2 large beets
- 8 baby carrots
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- 2. Peel and scrub your beetroots and carrots.
- 3. Chop the beetroot into wedges, about 6-8 per beet.
- 4. Roast the carrots and beetroots in the oven for 30-45 mins. or until tender.
- 5. Cook the quinoa to the instructions on the packet.
- 6. Roast the hazelnuts in the oven for 5-10mins.
- 7. Allow the vegetables and quinoa to cool, then toss with the spinach and sprinkle the hazelnuts on top.
- 8. For the dressing, add the tahini and water to a bowl and whisk. Next, add the rest of the ingredients and whisk.
- 9. Serve up the salad on two plates and drizzle the dressing on top. Serve and enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Hampton Serving Bowl3541129 Hampton Cereal Bowl3540167 Hampton Dinner Plate3540161