Mon, 18th of December
Santa will appreciate that you went to the trouble of making him some cookies yourself; he loves the personal touch. These cookies are gently spiced with cinnamon and allspice and scattered with broken pecans for flavour and texture. The dough is made with a combination of butter and coconut oil (this adds both flavour and a little lightness to these cookies, but feel free to swap out for butter if you desire.) Leave Santa a couple of cookies so he can put some in his pocket for later; it’s a long night after all!
Makes 16-18 cookies
- 100g butter
- 100g coconut oil
- 100g sugar (+ 2 tbsp for sprinkling)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g flour
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 200g pecans roughly chopped
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- 2. Place the butter in a bowl, melt the coconut oil and pour over the butter.
- 3. Add sugar and cream until light and fluffy (about 2-3 mins) and then add the vanilla extract.
- 4. Add the flour, spices and salt and stir until combined.
- 5. Add pecans and combine (mixture will be quite dry).
- 6. Remove a tablespoon of the dough at a time and form into flattened rounds about the size of flattened golf balls, you can press the tops with a fork to flatten.
- 7. Place on a lined cookie sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes.
- 8. Slide the cookie tray out and sprinkle the tops with additional sugar and slide tray back in and turn the oven off, allow to cool in the oven allow to cool completely before eating. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Evissa Dinner Plate3540184 Evissa Side Plate3540186 Evissa Cereal Bowl3540185 Evissa Mug3540187