Fri, 17th of June
Savoury granola is such a handy addition to your pantry. Let’s face it; we all want to eat more salad and what happens when all you have in the fridge is a couple of leaves? It’s not the most appetizing thought! But when you sprinkle some of this granola on top, suddenly the prospect of salad becomes a whole lot tastier. So make this, and at the click of a finger, a delicious salad is there for you. I particularly like it sprinkled over leaves with goat’s cheese.
- ½ cup (125ml) olive oil
- 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Zest of an orange
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme (chopped)
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 2 cups (200g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (65g) pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup (70g) sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (80g) flax seeds
- ½ cup (60g) hazelnuts
- ½ cup (60g) pecans
- good pinch sea salt
- 1. In a large bowl combine the olive oil, mustard, maple syrup, orange zest, thyme and rosemary and combine.
- 2. Add the oats, seeds, nuts.
- 3. Combine with your hands and make sure it’s evenly coated.
- 4. Spread out evenly on two trays and roast in the oven at 180⁰C for 15 mins.
- 5. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container for up to one month.
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Enzyme Tea Towel3511163 Lipped Bowl3541130