Blackcurrant and lime fool
A berry fool is one of easiest desserts you can make. This classic is usually made with crushed berries but my version is even easier as I use my blackcurrant syrup. All you need is a couple of ingredients. This is a very simple dessert that you can put together at the last minute.
- 2½ cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup Considered Blackcurrant syrup
- ⅓ cup icing sugar
- 4 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Fruit (optional)
- Edible flowers* to decorate (optional)
- 1. Whip the cream and the icing sugar with a whisk in a large bowl until stiff peaks form.
- 2. Beat in the lime juice.
- 3. Very gently fold in the syrup. I like to leave it with a rippled effect so don’t over mix.
- 4. Spoon into glasses and drizzle with a little extra syrup.
- 5. Add fruit if you wish or decorate with edible flowers*. If you are using fresh flowers serve immediately.
*Please make sure the flowers have not been sprayed with any chemicals.
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Blackcurrant syrup3520111 Tumbler Set3541112 Cutlery Set3541109 Mercer lrg bowl3540108 Whisk3513125 Silicone Spoon3513122 Citrus juicer 3513132