Who doesn’t love chocolate? Made in small batches in Skelligs, Co. Kerry, my two new flavours are available in stores and are my favourite in the range so far. The dark ginger is the perfect after dinner treat while the milk chocolate bergamot is melt-in-your-mouth heaven.
Here is a little project to make it even tastier and an easy way to impress your friends. Once you’ve made it, break into shards and pack into goodie bags as an excellent and unique hostess gift. This is truly the prettiest chocolate you’ll ever eat.
- 160g Considered Bergamot Chocolate (2 bars)
- Toasted nuts - I used pistachios, pecans and hazelnuts
- Edible flowers* - I used nasturtiums, pansies, rose petals, thyme flowers and cornflowers
*Please make sure the flowers have not been sprayed with any chemicals.
- 1. Break up the chocolate and place in a bowl. Melt it using your preferred method - either over a double boiler or in the microwave.
- 2. Spread the melted chocolate on to a sheet of parchment paper until smooth and even.
- 3. Sprinkle toasted nuts and petals on top and refrigerate until firm.*
- 4. Remove from the fridge and break into shards. Serve and Enjoy!
*As the chocolate is quite a thin layer, it will melt quickly so keep refrigerated until you are ready to eat.
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Marble Board3512115 Chopping Block3512118 Cutlery Set3541109