Spiced chickpea and avocado flatbread
Lunch on-the-go doesn't have to mean unhealthy choices. This flatbread, for example, is packed with protein and nutrients. Apart from the 10 minutes needed to roast the chickpeas, this is something that can essentially be thrown together in 5 minutes. You could even cook them on Sunday evening and simply add them to the yoghurt last minute. Also, why not keep some of the roasted chickpeas to the side after and sprinkle into a salad for an added kick?
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 avocado
- juice of ½ lime
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground pepper
- 2 flatbreads
- 3 tbsp greek yoghurt
- handful fresh coriander
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 180˚C.
- 2. Drain the chickpeas and pat dry with paper towel, removing any skins that may come off.
- 3. In a bowl, gently toss the chickpeas with the oil and spices.
- 4. Spread the chickpeas on a lined baking sheet and roast for 10 mins. or until lightly browned.
- 5. Mash your avocado, add the lime juice and salt and pepper.
- 6. In a small bowl, toss the roasted chickpeas in the greek yoghurt.
- 7. Place your flatbread on a plate, add half the mashed avocado and top with the creamy chickpeas and some fresh coriander. Repeat for the second flatbread. Serve and enjoy!
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Ellis Bowl3540158 Ellis Plate3540159