Cardamom lemon cookies
These bite-size cookies are a twist on a lemon cream. The addition of cardamom in the cookie dough gives them an earthy depth of flavour that makes them a more grown-up version of a family favourite. The mascarpone and lemon curd filing is like eating lemon clouds (it would also make a sublime cake filling).
- 100g sugar
- 200g soft butter
- 200g flour
- 100g cornflour
- pinch salt
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 jar of lemon curd
- 200g mascarpone
- 1. Cream your butter and sugar until smooth.
- 2. Remove the seeds from the cardamom pods and crush in a pestle and mortar or with the back of a spoon.
- 3. Add the flour, cornflour, salt and cardamom seeds and bring together to form a dough.
- 4. Turn the dough out onto a floured board and turn once or twice to smooth but do not overwork the dough. You want it to come together into a cohesive dough and stop there.
- 5. Lightly dust the dough with flour and roll out to half centimetre thickness. Cut out your cookies, I used a 3.5cm square cutter which is the smallest cutter in the 6 square cookie cutter pack.
- 6. Place your cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment and place 1 cm apart place in the fridge for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- 7. When you are ready to bake pre-heat the oven to 180˚C.
- 8. Place cookie tray on the centre of the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the edges start to turn golden. Turn the oven off and leave the oven door slightly ajar.
- 9. Leave your cookies to cool in the oven - this will make them extra light and crunchy.
- 1. To make the lemon cream put the mascarpone into a bowl and stir until there are no lumps.
- 2. Add 6 tablespoons of lemon curd (adjust to taste) and stir until smooth.
- 3. Take a teaspoon of the lemon cream and spread onto a cookie.
- 4. Pop second cookie on top.
Your super delicious lemon cream cookies. Just don’t eat them all at once!
Let me know if you make these and how you get on #consideredbyhjProducts used: Lemon Curd3520104 Square Cookie Cutter Set3513104 Mercer Bowl3540106 Linen Apron3511101