Chocolate, Orange & Cranberry Creamy Fudge
Why not make some homemade fudge as a thoughtful Christmas gift? This recipe combines seasonal flavours of cranberries, orange and chocolate to create a rich and creamy treat. The recipe is pretty simple but you will need a sugar thermometer for best results. And as this fudge is so rich, a little goes a long way so one batch could be divided to make 4-5 gifts.
- 300 ml milk
- 110g butter
- 700g sugar
- 200g chocolate (50% cocoa solids) chopped
- 100g dried cranberries
- Zest of 1 orange
- 100g chocolate (50% cocoa solids) Optional for topping
- 1. Line a 20cm x 20cm square tin with foil and oil the inside.
- 2. Place the milk, butter and sugar into a heavy based pan.
- 3. Bring the mixture to the boil and then turn down to a medium-high heat so you get a rolling simmer.
- 4. Continue to cook for 15minutes until your sugar thermometer reaches 112-115ºC (soft ball).
- 5. Turn off the heat and add the chopped chocolate stir quickly until chocolate is melted.
- 6. Add cranberries and zest and stir once.
- 7. Pour into prepared tin and smooth.
- 8. Allow to cool for an hour and then refrigerate until set.
- 9. Top with melted chocolate if desired and chop into small cubes.
Gift Idea: Bag up your fudge and pop it into one of my festive mugs for a personal gift for your favourite teacher or colleague
Let me know if you make this and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Wish You Mug3595105 Merry Christmas Mug3595104 Linen Houndstooth Napkins - Pack Of 23594112 Christmas Favourite Mug3595103