Citrus pound cake
If you are pushed for time, my pound cake mix is the solution. All you’ll need is some milk, butter and an egg. This cake is the perfect afternoon pick-me-up, both moist and buttery. Today though I am showing you how to add a simple twist of orange: just grate in the zest of 1 orange and then add some slices to the top to make it look more impressive.
- Considered Pound Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 2.5 ozs (70g) soft butter
- ⅓ cup (70ml) milk
To make it citrus-flavoured
- 1 tangerine (or small orange)- zest and juice
- 1 tangerine (or small orange) to decorate
- 2 tbsp sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160˚C.
- 2. Pour contents of pack into a mixing bowl with the softened butter.
- 3. Rub by hand until all the lumps of butter are gone.
- 4. Add milk, egg and the tangerine zest.
- 5. Using a hand held electric whisk, beat on a fast speed for two minutes or by hand until the mix is smooth and lump free.
- 6. Place the batter into a greased 1lb cake tin.
- 7. Place tin on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 45-50 mins.
- 8. Slice a tangerine into thin slices. Place in a pan with 2 tbsp of tangerine juice and 2 tbsp of sugar. Simmer in the pan for 10 mins.
- 9. 5 mins before pound cake is finished baking, place orange slices on top and continue to bake.
- 10. Remove from the oven and allow cake to cool.
Let me know if you make these and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Considered by Helen James is available at selected stores
Products used: Pound Cake Mix3531108 Loaf Pan3530100 Waffle Tea Towel3511107 Mixing Bowl3512107 Pound Cake Mix3521108