After the excess of Christmas, I find myself craving foods that feel crisp and light and have a little crunch. This winter slaw is a great side dish and goes really well with cold meats.
- ½ red cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 2/3 grated carrot
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Handful of pecans (toasted)
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Juice of 1 tangerine / clementine
- 1 tbsp of Considered Wholegrain Mustard with Horseradish
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- pinch salt
- 1. Thinly slice the red onion and place in a bowl with ½ cup vinegar and sugar. Leave to marinate for at least ½ hour.
- 2. Thinly slice the red cabbage and place in a large bowl.
- 3. Tear the coriander and add to the bowl with the grated carrot and toasted pecans.
- 4. Drain the red onion and add to the bowl.
- 5. To make the vinaigrette, add the remaining ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- 6. Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss. Enjoy!
Let me know if you make these and how you get on #consideredbyhj
Products used: Mercer Bowl (sml)3540106 Mercer Bowl (lrg)-3540108 Boxed Grater3513118 Mustard with Horseradish3520107 Chopping Block3512118 Wooden Small Plate3512111